Friday, July 18, 2014

Friends and Catching Up



It seems that I might have gotten a bit off track and not blogged about a couple of challenge cards!  This beauty was for a Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create a sympathy card.  I just really love the sentiment and I think it speaks to the need one has when they reach for a sympathy card.  When I made this card, I stamped and colored it first.  Then I embossed straight over the top, filling in the gaps of the image with a Versamark pen so that my entire butterfly shines.. Then I sponged around the image and the sentiment in a soft blue green color.
This set of note cards comes from the Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create just that, a set of note cards.  My set also included a yellow polka dotted card, but I couldn't make the photo work out right.  There were some really beautiful sets created, you will want to follow the link and check them out!
 
Thanks for stopping by as I catch up a bit!  have a wonderful weekend!
 
Details - Mosaic Butterfly - Stamps: Butterfly Essence (MFP), Swallowtail (MFP); Paper: Choice Snow White (TE); Ink: Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky, Versamark; Accessories: Clear embossing powder, heat tool, sponge dauber, Copic Markers, corner chomper.  Polka Dot Notecards - Stamps: Lots of Words (MFP); Paper: Choice Snow White (TE), Black Licorice (MFT), Recollections dp; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: circle punch, scor-tape, black taffeta ribbon.

No comments: